Established in 1945, Lassen Community College Gunsmithing is the oldest gunsmithing school in the United States. We offer Associate in Science Degrees in Firearms Repair and General Gunsmithing, as well as Certificates of Completion for Pistolsmith, Riflesmith, Long Guns, and Gunsmith Machinist and Metal Finishing.
Degree programs and Certificate programs are designed to be realistic and comprehensive, spanning the wide spectrum of skills needed to compete in the modern job market.
- Starting at exactly 9:00 a.m. pacific standard time on October 2, 2017, the Gunsmithing program waitlist form can be found at: Waitlist form will be posted at 8:00am on October 2, 2017.
Waitlist Form Example
- Fill out the Gunsmithing program waitlist form completely. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Each email is time stamped as they are received and that time stamp determines each persons’ number on the waitlist. Early forms will not be accepted.
- After submitting your complete Gunsmithing waitlist form you will be directed to a confirmation page.
- The Gunsmith Waitlist Manager will send each person their number on the waitlist, by email, in a reasonable amount of time.
- Thank you for choosing Lassen Community College!
DEADLINE APRIL 19, 2017 5:00PM
NRA SUMMER COURSES*
As an NRA affiliated Gunsmithing school, we also offer one and two week NRA Short Term Gunsmithing Courses during the Summer. Courses are offered in Basic Machine Shop, Barreling, specific firearms platforms, Law Enforcement Armorers Schools, engraving, Knife making, and metal finishes.
Whether your interests are as a career path or for personal enrichment, we invite you to join us for these enjoyable and informative classes.
*Students are responsible for providing firearms and tools needed for their coursework.
REGISTRATION OPENS MARCH 1, 2017!!!!
June 5 - June 9 GSS 82 General Gunsmithing
June 5 - June 9 GSS 133 Scrimshaw
June 5 - June 16 GSS 112 Basic Machine Shop
June 5 - June 16 GSS 117 GTAW Welding for Gunsmiths (evening class)
June 12 - June 16 GSS 83 General Gunsmithing Advanced
June 19 - June 23 GSS 98.13 Metallurgy for Gunsmiths
June 19 - June 23 GSS 114 Basic Rifle Barreling
June 19 - June 23 GSS 72.01 Metallic Cartridge Reloading
June 19 - June 30 GSS 98.12 Cowboy Leather Belts & Holsters (evening class)
June 26 - June 30 GSS 119 Advanced Rifle Barreling
June 26 - June 30 GSS 134 Caustic Bluing
June 26 - June 30 GSS 98.05 Design, Function and Repair Smith and Wesson Revolver
July 10 - July 14 GSS 95 Basic Law Enforcement Armorer School
July 10 - July 14 GSS 147 LEAS Advanced Rifle Assembly and Tuning of Gas Operated Rifles
July 10 - July 21 GSS 112 Basic Machine Shop
July 17 - July 21 GSS 88 LEAS Design, Function & Repair Single Action Auto
July 17 - July 21 GSS 59.09 Alternative Metal Finishing
July 24 - July 28 GSS 77 Accurizing M1-M1A for Competition
July 24 - July 28 GSS 70 Checkering
July 24 - July 28 GSS 93 Counter Sniper Rifle
August 7 - August 11 GSS 87 LEAS Design, Function & Repair Double Action Auto
August 7 - August 11 GSS 89 LEAS Full Automatic Firearms
Gunsmithing Program Links:
NRA Summer Courses Links:
NRA/Gunsmithing and POST Coordinator
530-257-6181 Ext. 8910
Office Phone: 530.251.8800
Office Location: Vocational Tech Building