Lassen Community College encourages and supports students from other countries who have the academic background and potential to succeed in college. To be considered for admission to Lassen Community College the applicant must complete and return the International Application for Admission by June 15th, for the fall semester and October 15th, for the spring semester.
STEPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- Read and complete the International Student Application in full. This application is required in order to get your Student Visa. The application includes all requirements and deadlines for submission. The completed application may be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by post to:
Lassen Community College
P.O. Box 3000
Susanville, CA 96130-3000
ONCE ACCEPTED FOR INTERNATIONAL ADMISSION, you will receive, by email and post, a letter of acceptance which includes your I-20 and SEVIS number which you will present to the embassy for approval for an F-1 Student Visa. Please follow all Visa instructions included with your acceptance letter.
- Complete an online Application for Admission using OpenCCC. This is a separate electronic application which is required in order to receive your Lassen College Student ID number, and Student Portal login information.
The application is a 2-step process. First create a user account, then continue/sign-in to complete and submit the 9-part application. You will see a confirmation page. Once your application is processed, you will be emailed your Student ID #, User Name and initial password. PLEASE CHECK YOUR JUNK OR SPAM FOLDERS for emails from LCC Admissions. Your log-in information can be used to access MyLassen, the LCC Student Portal.
Login to MyLassen-LCC Portal.Click on the Portal Button, and then click FIRST TIME AT THE PORTAL? Use your username and initial password to sign in to change your password and register your account. If you have trouble, click here for YouTube tutorials https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOQ0_xeSeAA.
ONCE YOU HAVE YOUR STUDENT ID NUMBER, and PORTAL LOGIN INFORMATION:
Complete the online NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION.(You will need to have already logged into the Portal and changed your password in order to complete orientation) Orientation is important because it familiarizes you with the steps required to register for classes, the types of academic programs, and the student services available at Lassen. Complete each section in the HUB OVERVIEW, and submit the quizzes. New Student Orientation.
- Contact Adam Runyan, international student counselor, at email@example.com to discuss registering for classes. If you have SAT or ACT scores, email them to Adam. If Adam is unavailable, please contact the Counseling Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 251-8842. Additional assessment testing may be required once you arrive on campus.
- If on-campus dorm housing is desired, complete and submit the Residence Hall Application. All requirements and costs are listed in the application. Contact Francis (Beau) Beaujon at email@example.com or (530) 251-8879, if you have questions.
- Payments: Once you have registered for classes, or been accepted into the residence hall (dorms) and have an account balance, you may pay on your account through the Student Portal. Login to MyLassen, and then go to WebAdvisor/Financial Information/View Account and Make Payments. All students must pay fees IN FULL by two business days before the term begins or risk being dropped from classes. We accept Visa, American Express, MasterCard and Discover. Payment can also be made through an Electronic Funds Transfer; however this method includes fees which are the student’s responsibility. Contact Nancy Lounsbury at firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 257-6181 Ext. 8708 to pay the dorm deposit, for Electronic Funds Transfer, or if you have questions about paying on your account.
- Read and follow all instructions regarding your I-20 and (F-1) Student Visa as you prepare to enter the United States.
ONCE YOU ARRIVE AT LASSEN COLLEGE
- Bring all of your documents to the Admissions & Records office and meet with Kim Clain, International Student Admissions officer.
- Come to the Counseling Office and meet with Adam Runyan to get your class schedule finalized. Additional assessment testing may also be required.
Questions? Contact us!
International Admissions – Kim Clain: email@example.com , (530) 251-8808, Fax (530) 251-8802
Residence Hall (Dorms) – Francis (Beau) Beaujon:firstname.lastname@example.org, (530) 251-8879
Student Accounts – Nancy Lounsbury: email@example.com, (530) 257-6181 Ext.8708
International Student Counselor – Adam Runyan: firstname.lastname@example.org, (530) 251-8842
Counseling Office- email@example.com, (530) 251-8842, Fax (530) 251-8885
Outreach Coordinator- firstname.lastname@example.org, (530) 251-8845