New Student Registration
SIX EASY STEPS!
1. Fill out Application for Admission
Apply for admission using CCCApply and begin the 2-step application process. First create a user account,then sign-in to complete and submit the 9-part application. Once complete, you will see a confirmation page. Once your application is processed, you will be emailed your Student ID #, Web Advisor User ID and initial password. PLEASE CHECK YOUR JUNK OR SPAM FOLDERS for emails from LCC Admissions. Your log-in information can be used to access the MyLassen LCC Portal where you can register for classes, check financial aid, access student email, see department information, and view LCC announcements. Later, you will be emailed information about setting up your student email account. This is important because future LCC emails will be sent to your Cougar email account
2. Go to Financial Aid (* International Students are ineligible for financial Aid)
Fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov and/or apply for the BOG waiver (CA Residents only) for your opportunity to qualify for financial aid.
3. Complete Reading, Writing & Math Assessment Tests
Assessment testing is computerized and free of charge. Results of testing help a counselor place you in appropriate course levels.* Testing can be taken at Lassen College or at a community college or other testing site near you. For more information or to make an appointment: call 530-251-8833 or email email@example.com. Practice tests available at www.act.org/compass/sample
*ACT, SAT, AP test scores and high school transcripts can also be helpful for course placement – bring them to counseling.
* International Students must also demonstrate English proficiency through additional testing prior to admission
4. Complete a New Student Orientation
Orientation is beneficial because it introduces you to terminology, academic programs, and student services available at Lassen Community College. New Student Orientation is available online
5. See a Counselor
You can see a counselor on a first come, first serve basis once you have completed the assessment tests and completed a New Student Orientation. Meeting with a counselor provides you with information on which courses are required to meet your educational goals. Answers to many frequently asked questions are available on the Counseling Office webpage
6. Register for classes
Register for classes on MyLassen LCC Portal – On the LCC homepage (upper right hand corner)
Use your assigned Username and temporary password to log into MyLassen – Click on FIRST TIME AT THE PORTAL to register account and change password. Click here for YouTube tutorial. Call the IT Help Desk if you need assistance. If unable to register online, fill out a registration card and submit to Admissions & Records. Payment is required before classes begin.
Optional Steps – If applicable
- Transfer students – Send all official college transcripts to Admissions and Records
- Apply for Housing – If interested in on-campus housing (dorms) – Contact Housing Office
- Apply to EOP&S (If Eligible) – Extended Opportunity Program and Services (CA Residents only)
- Must have completed ALL 6 steps above, and have all official college transcripts on file in Admissions.
- Check with EOP&S for additional details on eligibility and requirements.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!
- Admissions and Records – 530-251-8808, fax – 530-251-8802, email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid – 530-251-8849, fax – 530-251-8894, email email@example.com
- Assessment Testing – 530-251-8833, email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counseling Office – 530-251-8842, fax – 530-251-8885, email – email@example.com
- IT Help Desk – 530-251-8844, email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- EOP&S Advisor – 530-251-6181 Ext 8953, email - email@example.com
- Housing Office – 530-251-8879, email - firstname.lastname@example.org