New Student Registration
SIX EASY STEPS!
1. Fill out Application for Admission
Apply for admission using CCCApply. After processing your application Admissions and Records will give you a Student ID # so you can move onto the next step.
2. Go to Financial Aid (* International Students are ineligible for financial Aid)
Fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at www.fafsa.ed.gov and/or apply for the BOG waiver (CA Residents only) for your opportunity to qualify for financial aid.
3. Complete Reading, Writing & Math Assessment Tests
Assessment testing is computerized and free of charge. Results of testing help a counselor place you in appropriate course levels. Testing can be taken at Lassen College or at a community college or other testing site near you. For more information or to make an appointment: call 530-251-8833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Practice tests available at www.act.org/compass/sample
* International Students must also demonstrate English proficiency through additional testing prior to admission
4. Complete a New Student Orientation
Orientation is beneficial because it introduces you to terminology, academic programs, and student services available at Lassen Community College. New Student Orientation is available online – (instructions below) or call 530-251-8842 or stop by the counseling office.
5. See a Counselor
You can see a counselor on a first come, first serve basis once you have completed the assessment tests and completed a New Student Orientation. Meeting with a counselor provides you with information on which courses are required to meet your educational goals.
6. Register for classes on Web Advisor
Note: Student ID # is NOT the ID used for Web Advisor. First time users must retrieve their Web Advisor User ID through the “Forgot my User ID” link. If unable to register online, fill out a registration card and submit to Admissions & Records. Pay for your classes and receive your printed schedule.
Optional Steps – If applicable
- Transfer students – Send all official college transcripts to Admissions and Records
- Apply for Housing – If interested in on-campus housing (dorms) – Contact Housing Office
- Apply to EOP&S (If Eligible) – Extended Opportunity Program and Services (CA Residents only)
- Must have completed ALL 6 steps above, and have all official college transcripts on file in Admissions.
- Check with EOP&S for additional details on eligibility and requirements.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!
- Admissions and Records – 530-251-8808, fax – 530-251-8802, email – email@example.com
- Financial Aid – 530-251-8849, fax – 530-251-8894
- Assessment Testing – 530-251-8833, email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counseling Office – 530-251-8842, fax – 530-251-8885, email – email@example.com
- WebAdvisor Help Desk – 530-251-8844, email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- EOP&S Advisor – 530-251-6181 Ext 8953, email - email@example.com
- Housing Office – 530-251-8879, email - firstname.lastname@example.org
New Student Online Orientation Steps
- Go to www.lassencollege.edu
- Click on “Prospective Students and Guests”
- Click on “New Student Orientation” in the grey box on the right of the page under related links.
- Review the slideshow and complete the attached quiz, then submit the quiz.
- Once finished, if not registered already, come to the counseling office to prepare to register for classes.